View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 12:29 PM   #133
TA_C10

Re: Uncle Loyd's 72' C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstone View Post
That's what I'm seeing in the BIM-01-2 instructions. Does the instrument cluster need it's own power source or is it getting power from the BIM?

Also, what "DD box" are you referring to with the fuel sender hook up?
I'm talking about the main DD control box. It will need both 12v constant and 12v ignition. And ground of course... I re-purposed those wires from the factory harness gauge cluster plug. I think I had to add a wire to the plug, can't remember which one, probably the 12v constant. But you will see that when you get there. The BIM gets it's power from the DD control box. There is a cable that is pre-made to connect it to the DD control box. Then there is another cable that connects the BIM to the OBDII off your engine harness. I used a splitter to make my setup a little easier to plug and unplug if I ever use the OBDII for anything in the future like a scanner. But of course, the splitter doesn't really work because the PCM can't talk to two devices at the same time over serial on the same cable, but it allows me to keep my DD harness tucked up in the dash and another empty OBDII plug under the dash for easy access.

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote