View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 12:04 AM   #135
cornerstone

Re: Uncle Loyd's 72' C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdy11 View Post
Glad to see you got your engine fired up! I just ordered my DD from Travis at ProPerformance so I'll be following your thread - curious to see if your tranmission information from your 6L get's to the dash without any additional hookups.

Also, loved your story about your intake and cover! Where did you get the aftermarket intake by the way? Looks solid.
Thank you Rowdy! I like to deal with Travis too. Those guys know their stuff. I’m looking forward to exploring all the features the DD has to offer. I was initially all excited about having the tap shift feature working, by installing paddle shifters but since I like column shift for its nostalgic feel, I’ve veered away from feeling like that would be something I would use on a daily basis. It will be cool with the RTX gauges to see the specific gear the truck is in while driving. The original chrome column shift will be in “D”, just like factory, but in actuality the transmission could be in any of 1-6 gears.

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote