View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 04:35 PM   #138
cornerstone

Re: Uncle Loyd's 72' C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdy11 View Post
Also, loved your story about your intake (He meant to say cold air intake tube and filter) and cover! Where did you get the aftermarket intake by the way? Looks solid.
The GenV LT's use a smaller tube than most of the kits for the LS. I think it's a 3.5" as opposed to a 4" and from what I have heard it's important to have the correct size. I ordered it from Summit and drove my happy butt over and picked it up. The very first time I cranked the engine genius left the plastic bag on the filter and crushed it. I'm sure it'd be fine for use as it was, but I didn't like the red anyways. Autozone had a blue one sitting on the shelf so I scooped it up, and , this time I remembered to take the plastic bag off.

I'm on the fence about the placement of the intake tube. Since I'm still not sure about where I will put the battery, I have it pointed towards the passenger side now to gt a feel for it. I plan on switching it around if possible and try it on the drivers side too. I'm leaning toward just keeping the battery where Chevrolet engineers put it originally, just because it seems easier. Not just when installing it, but also whenever I need to remove it or jump start...
If the intake tube doesn't like residing on the drivers side I may get one of those auxiliary battery trays that mount on the drivers side and leave the intake where it is.

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote