View Single Post
Old 04-08-2020, 11:58 AM   #3
rodstored-72
chevy truck fan

Re: '86-'13 swap questions

87chevy.com,
Thank you for the reply. I understand that the factory wiring is not the normal practice. I did not know that when I started this. I was hoping (thinking) that the principles of the aftermarket connections would still apply to the factory wiring. I am trying to keep from having to lose out on the factory harness & spending the $600-800 for a aftermarket harness. I am aware that most of the wires are not going to be used. I think it would be a neat feature to try to use as much of the wire features as possible to utilize them… I dunno know??? !! I guess I am weird…

ls swap needs minimum
battery constant power to the fuse box (using the factory batt. Cable to the factory fuse box from ’13 engine, this should supply the power as required??)
ignition power (I believe the pink or red wires from the ’86, don’t know how to connect to the ’13 wires – at the fuse box or before the fuses??)
starter (the purple wire from the ’86 to the wire on the ’13 but again where to connect before/after ‘13 fuse??)
fuel pump relay (pink wire to the ’13 wire – same as above??)
everything else is strait up wiring diagram. (I follow this… but not know the how/where to the ’13 wires in the harness)

I appreciate your reply…..
rodstored-72 is offline   Reply With Quote