View Single Post
Old 04-15-2020, 08:16 PM   #8
mr48chev

Re: King pin thrust washer assembly

Quote:
Originally Posted by cansled View Post
Yeah I saw that video too. however what he's showing is not what the manual states. At 4:48 in the video is where he puts together the thrush washers as an example because he is actually using the thrust bearings. But you'll notice he left the one washer sitting by the dust cover and described it as being a shim. however you can see that the real shims are off to the side in a different size than the washer he left sitting on the bench. I think that washer should have been put in between the two copper thrust washers as the manual states. He does make it look easy though. Thx.
You saw the part I wanted you to see I would have to give him a D for the whole presentation though.

It's one thing for a guy in his back yard to use a claw hammer and what ever he can scrounge for a punch but for a guy who is allegedly qualified to instruct people on how to work on their trucks to use a claw hammer and then misuse a tool that is intended to be in an air chisel and potentially mushrooming the end of it so it can't be used as designed is pretty sad when he is working in a shop that should have every correct tool known to man.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote