View Single Post
Old 04-22-2020, 09:17 PM   #13
KevinK7

Re: 1968 (Chevrolet) Interior paint code(s) (Fawn) ?

First, THANKS for the replies. (and Mark, that's one fine looking Chevelle
Let me add more detail (I surely don't want to start a fuss over all this stuff, especially since I don't know squat about these trucks. Camaros? that's another story
Seriously though, My truck is a '68 C20 Chevrolet "Custom", "special paint" exterior (as per SPID) (looks like it could be Ash Gold to me, but who knows), with Fawn interior, (not that it matters, but ordered as Cab and Chassis, and has it's '68 vintage Utility body on it.

I did include Chevrolet in the title since I had seen pics where there are/were differences on the GMC's (and I am learning all this myself as we dig in).

To me, even though the instrument bezel is stamped "Fawn" ..."Black" on the back, it does not look fawn, and does look chrome-ish as someone noted in one of the replies that this may have started in '68 on Customs, ..which my truck is. (additional photos below)

It's the wheel I'm most interested in confirming the color on. It definitely has a silvery -fawn color to it. It appears to be a "Poly" (aka metallic) paint.

I'm not trying to match it exactly (would be great if I can) but something close would be fine.

The wheel as it is today:

Photo of bezel (purposely included oversprayed area that rarely saw the light of day, ...it appears 'chromish' (not fawn)

Full pic of bezel, still looks 'chrome -ish'