View Single Post
Old 04-25-2020, 08:49 AM   #3
70cst

Re: Any years are considered the best for Chevy-MC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
I like the looks of the 99-02 the best for the Chevy. The GMCs stay about the same look all the way thru. I know electrical changed in the 03 year and it had a lot more gadget to the interior. Most all of mine were V6 works truck models (reg cab short bed) which I liked alot. I had 1 with a 4.8 V8 and it was very nice. Same to slighter better MPG that the V6 and way more oomph. I would look at 5.3 if I was looking at extended cab or crew cab.

Things to look for

Heater cores tend to clog (dexcool stuff) if not serviced well. The connectors at the firewall also tend to leak. Had to change the ones on my 02 twice in the 10 years I had it. I never had any major electronic issues, but the dash gauges tended to be an issue on these years. The 1500 series have rack and pinion steering which I like a lot better than the traditional steering box. Felt way smoother and just had a better feel to me.

The 99-02 had 4-wheel disc brakes. Again I like this and never had any issues. I have heard some folks had issues with the parking brake feature of the rear discs. Starting with the 03 year it went back to being a drum rear brake. Brakes on these are way better than the 88-98 years.

The cloth seats in my work trucks were very comfortable and supportive , but I did not care for the leather seats my friends had in their trucks. They seemed to wear out quicker and were less supportive.

Fuel pumps go out normally in the 120K-140K range. Always replace it with good GM ones or it will go out quicker.

That's all I can remember or think of right now.

Thanks for the info ...

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote