View Single Post
Old 04-26-2020, 11:05 AM   #45
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: Yet another spray paint comparison thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazer2007 View Post
Just wondering Gregski,have you ever dabbled in painting with a gun with rust paint ?
I have not, the closest I came to it was purchasing the purple spray gun from Harbor Freight and hanging it on my peg board in the garage. I fully intended on painting an entire car/truck some day but we went through an insane house moving phase (4 homes in 6 years I think) finally three years ago we bought a house again so I am in the process of setting up my garage / shop the way I want / need it again.

I also had two air compressors and like an idiot sold them both so now I am without an air compressor, if you all can recommend one that is good for painting as well as media blasting I am all ears. My only requirement is quiet or extra quiet, I recall seeing one labeled that couple years ago, I forgot where, and I know nothing about one phase, two phase, three phase motors, ha ha.

In unrelated news, I brushed on POR15 on both an entire '68 Mustang engine bay and it came out craptacular, and on my '74 C10 engine frame and it's peeling off, and yet I fell for it a third time and brushed it on my Muncie SM465 transmission and that came out a different color than expected! Yes I used their Metal Prep and Cleaner Degreaser as instructed. Very disappointed in that product, their motto seems to be more focused on marketing and advertising than product quality, and boy do they have a lot of newbs fooled, just my two cents, and my two cents are free, ha ha
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote