View Single Post
Old 04-26-2020, 11:31 AM   #169
Getter-Done

Re: Build that 71 402 already

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402 View Post
I'm throwing together a kit say, on how to build an old Chevy. A lot applies to vintage GM cross the board, if you get my meaning, but of course it's my truck specific. The service & assembly manuals are 1000s of pages, more wide-ranging and in-depth. My manual is more practical and offers many details they don't. It's real dry, dumbed-down etc..

I had to write the manual backwards, that was a challenge at first It's in assembly order, I'm editing as I build her. Then I edit one last time, thank God. I learned to hate said manual by the time I tore the truck down, more time in that than handling parts.

Dry read I can do, they're not long-winded like my posts. Turns out 16 years writing computer specs. & business process lent itself to said manual, but this beats anything I've done past. The challenge was I'm colored blind and didn't recognize 95% the parts. Now I can describe 12 aspects to a bolt if it suits, and the ends of every wire & gauge. Less the guts of a fuse box anyway, I don't go into the core on anything mech. or elect.
Great progress.

This documentation is (Top Notch)
I would be in for a copy.
I am sure you would start a separate thread for that though.

Nice attention to the details.

63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote