View Single Post
Old 04-28-2020, 10:56 PM   #634
cornerstone

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD1 View Post
I've kind of been all over the place and have not exactly finished anything I started.

Oil pan came out easy enough. Scraping all the old gasket off is the part I hate. That took a couple hours.

Engine still looks pretty nice. Of course the furthest it's driven is 25 feet into my driveway and back.
1. Welcome to my world Darien Hey at least we are one day closer to finished and driving than we were yesterday!

2. I use a coarse twisted wire wheel on a grinder and that usually takes off the stubborn old gasket material or silicone.

3.Hopefully it's not a problem, but the residual oil dripping fom the bolt heads appear to be cloudy or milky. Assuming you had new oil in the motor, I would think it should be clearer. Is there any chance water got in the engine? I know a bad head gasket can allow water in the oil, lets hope thats not the case.

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote