View Single Post
Old 05-02-2020, 11:47 PM   #640
DD1

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolboxchev View Post
You are not kidding there, I have not even started a tear down on a daily driver that keeps me busy just keeping it moving.

I will say this, its 50 now, and at my last position with a Fortune 500 Company they were quite impressed with my knowledge of maintenance. Every time I turn my brain around I find somebody on this site with more than some humanity, humility.

The reward is around the corner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstone View Post
Nice one toolboxchev! I'm going to try to incorporate that saying into my daily vocabulary..."The reward is around the corner." It reminds me of another members signature... it says "Carpe manana". Thats a good one too. In essence I think it means work hard for the future reward.

Sorry for the hijack Darien!
Thank you both for the words of encouragement, I appreciate it. Hopefully I'll get around that corner soon. Brian, no worries about the "hijack;" I have no problem with people going off topic on my thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today I spent the entire day from about 12 noon to 9pm finishing up the oil pan. Finally got it locked in - hopefully with no problems. Based on what I read on this forum I torqued to 10lbs.

Putting the motor mounts was the worst, probably spent around 5 hours. The passenger side was the biggest problem; ended up messing up the threading, had to remove it, tap it, and reinstall it. I think I may have dinged my pan a bit with the countless jacking up and down, but I'm not going to worry about that. Hopefully I will never have to do this job again.

Tomorrow I have to reattach the transmission mount and the shift rod, add oil, start it up and hope I didn't make it worse than it was before. I also have to clean up my garage which I am not looking forward too. There are tools everywhere. Ugh.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=502964
DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote