View Single Post
Old 05-17-2020, 05:19 PM   #11
joedoh

Re: Starting a 52 Chevy 3100 Project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28TudorAZ View Post
So I am finishing up a few things. The truck is in the shop getting the exhaust finished up so I am revisiting the wheels. With these wheels Classic Torq Thrust II 20x8 5x4.75 4.5" Backspace how far in will the wheels be? I have not been able to find something with a 3.5 backspacing. What if I stick with this size wheel for the front and back? Do you suggest wider in the back? Also what size tires did you end up using?

if you havent swapped out the rear axle, you can use that size front and rear and a 2-2.5" spacer on the front and a 3" spacer on the rear.

I have never used a 4x4 axle. when I did the 20s without spacers I used 20x9 with 3.5" backspace, on this truck I have 20x8 with 4.5 backspace and a 3" spacer on the rear, on another truck I did a 15x10 (rears) with 4" backspace and no spacer, on yet another I did 15x8 with 4.5" backspace and a 2" spacer. There are a lot of ways to get there. If you did a 20x10 with the least backspace they sell, I think is 4", and the 20x8 on the front, it would look astounding but you stil lmay need a small spacer on a stock s10 axle.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote