View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 01:27 PM   #164
88Stanger

Re: Starting 1966 Factory Short Bed Build, Bagged, 383 Stroker and Muncie M20 4-Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
A bolt-on anchor/tab somewhere where there are already holes in the frame is what I would look @ using. That being said, once the PHB is set @ ride height, it shouldn't be an issue. It's not like you'd be driving with it all the way down & then suddenly all the way up.

You'll get a feel for your ride height pressures & will be able to adjust height w/fairly 'obvious' adjustment limits.
I appreciate the comment and idea. As you said i will not have it up in the air much ever, but just in case i do need to check tires, rearend, and so on i want to be careful with the bags. So i got 11" axle straps and bolt on axle brackets from Speedway Motors that are made for leaf spring mounting, so they have a flat surface to mount one side of the Limiting straps and then i will make a plate to mount to the brace that the upper shock mounts bolt to to hold the other end of the strap. Seems like it is just one thing after another... lol

Last edited by 88Stanger; 05-19-2020 at 11:55 AM.
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote