View Single Post
Old 05-25-2020, 12:38 AM   #648
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Working Man's Burbon

I forgot to mention that I had to slot the transmission mount holes in the crossmember towards the rear of the truck about 3/16" to get things to line up. (Photo #1)

I mounted the GV controller to the bottom of the glove box. (Photo #2) I wish it had been smaller. After all the years GV has been offered this controller around I'm sure that this box could be significantly smaller with modern electronics.

The hook up of the wiring is really simple. One RCA jack for 12v positive, one for 12v negative then one phone jack each for the speed generator, for the solenoid on the gear box, for the dash switch panel, and for the manual control switch (foot switch).

After reading the manual several times I'm not sold on the whole foot switch operation. I know if this was being installed in a car with a floor shifter I would mount a switch on the shifter. Their description of how to shift makes it sound awkward at best. So I decided not to do a permanent mount of the foot switch, no sense in drilling extra holes in the firewall for nothing if I change my mind about the foot switch. So on to alternative mountings.

First I mounted the foot switch to an electrical box cover. Then I stuck Velcro to the back of the cover. I marked where I thought I might like the switch to be on the firewall. When I stuck the other half of the Velcro I offset the 2 pieces so I can have the ability to move the switch if I need to. It has passed the initial test drive so the Velcro is a go for now.

That pretty much wraps up the GV installation. Now on to the Th350C part.
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote