Thread: 55.2-59 Frame Choices
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2020, 12:45 AM   #16
GeronimoApache

Re: Frame Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsurf4me View Post
Thanks for the info and pictures. Although I like the stance of your truck, looking for something a little lower than that. I saw the EZ chassis kit but wasn't sure if it was worth it or would be too high. I'll get some pictures up but the previous owner fabricated his own mounts and while they work I'm not crazy about them.
I could very easily go lower with my truck. The rear leaf springs were broken on the donor so I bought a new pair of 4" drop springs. Then I put in a lowering shackle, bolted at the 1" mounting hole. I could change that to the 2" dropped hole and swap the front spring hangers for dropped hangers to gain another 2 inches of lowering.

Up front, I have 2" drop coils with the 2.5" spindles. So I could change to a 3" coil and also have the option of dropped control arms.

I'm just gonna run it as is because I would eventually like to swap in the QA1 bolt in coilover conversion kit. I have seen these trucks bagged on 73-87 C10 chassis before

Looking at your truck, yeah I'd say those front cab mounts don't look too good. Everything else seems to be good though. It's too bad they shortened the frame though. It's actually not necessary to do for this swap
GeronimoApache is offline   Reply With Quote