View Single Post
Old 06-23-2020, 02:15 PM   #35
Matt Man

Re: "The Peach" 1967 GMC Short Stepside

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Gold/white View Post
Very nice!!! You said the drive north was cold??? no heater??? Yes the truck has a good working heater (I replaced the heater core while I put the new core support on a few years ago). But 20 degrees out and no insulation inside will make a cold ride at 70 mph.

Did you use drop spring hangers, AND drop shackles???
I'm trying ti find a set of drop shackles for a friends pickup. The stockers are 5 inches between the bolts. pictures of some on websites look even shorter...
[/QUOTE]
Drop shackles are longer. Believe it or not this truck has a 2" drop shackle, 4" drop leaf springs and a 2" drop hanger my guess is the old springs were so worn out that they were sagged considerably. When I put the drop leaf springs in it lifted the truck about 2" lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
Truck looks real nice. Was the dropped hanger you used an inch and a half and if so did you have any interference problems with the bed ? Reason I asked is I purchased a set of 4 inch drop springs and inch and a half drop shackles from Early Classic before they closed there doors and it looks real close, the bed hitting the top of the shackle that is.
The drop hanger was advertised as a 2" drop and I did have to notch the lower bedside a bit to clear the leaf spring bolt. The drop shackle did not clear the bed floor on mine so I shaved some of the wood off underneath for clearance.
2020 Silverado Double Cab LT Z71 5.3 8 speed Daily Driver

K10 build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=671934

The Peach build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=733903

Matt Man is offline   Reply With Quote