View Single Post
Old 07-17-2020, 10:37 AM   #16
88Stanger

Re: Starting 1966 Factory Short Bed Build, Bagged, 383 Stroker and Muncie M20 4-Speed

Update: I know this is a truck site for trucks and the builds, but sometime we have our little pals that we plan to have with us in our trucks, and my little girl that was so sick yesterday did not make it. She had a birth defect that killed off most of her intestines and so i had to let her go. Broken hearted now and trying to keep the momentum right now to get back to the truck. It is amazing how much such a little innocent little pup can grab your heart with the force of all and hold on.

Ok, danm, sorry about that. so for the truck. I got to mount the clutch and remeasure the fingers. I ended up with about .070 to .080 difference. So found the middle, made a note and decided that this was the number i would use to set the .100 to .150 clearance. I figured use the .100 number, that way up or down i am good.
Then i realize that i cannot find any shims! really, seriously. damn, unreal. what a damn week. I have exhaust, brake lines, fuel lines left to run.

So that is on hold, so i have all the interrior stuff to go through, clean up or buy new so i can get ready to start work on the cab very soon.

My plan is to wrap the whole truck in flat red. I done only a small amount of vinyl work, but hey one way to learn.... So after i get the cab cleaned up and ready for wrap, then i will look at trying my hand at wrapping. BUT i will start with the fenders and doors first before attempting the cab.
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote