View Single Post
Old 07-23-2020, 07:32 PM   #14
americanmusc1e

Re: 49 Chevy Power Wagon 3/4ton hauler build

Update time!

This past weekend I got some time in.

First thing I did was start the truck up and drive it to the most level surface I could to check the cab mounting. I quickly decided that the nose looked too high, I could raise the entire back of the cab up another inch, or do some cutting and lower the nose. I chose to do some cutting. First. a before and after shot.

I had to cut out part of the floor under the seat to clear the transfer case. I didn't grab a picture, but I now have to raise the middle of the floor under the seat by about an inch.

I also decided that I was going to have to cut the wheel openings a bit. I cut them so they would clear the 33's that I've pretty much decided the truck is going to get. This part was hard to do. I'm not 100% happy with it either. The transition isn't as smooth as I was hoping.

Then I took a break as we put a 40' tower on the roof of our shop to hopefully pull in some real internet.

That took most of the day Saturday, and Sunday I was back at it. First, I took some decent pictures.

Then I re-mounted my gas pedal (i forgot to take pictures) and finally I started filling some holes in the firewall, but before I got to that, I tried my hand at fixing some cab floor spots with trimmed/hammered 18ga mild steel. I'm fairly happy with the results. I'm glad I started on the floor because my sheetmetal welding skills need some sharpening. I also probably need to buy some .023" wire instead of the .030" i'm using.

Instagram: @americanmusc1e

OLD SKOOL-- 1970 C10. 454/Th400/3.07 posi Build Thread
FARM TRUCK----1949 Chevrolet 3800 Power Wagon Hauler Build Thread

1999 4wd OBS Tahoe - daily.

DM me if you can't see photos i posted
americanmusc1e is offline   Reply With Quote