View Single Post
Old 07-28-2020, 11:11 AM   #411
roll_the_dice

Re: 1965 LWB Stepside Build

Thanks John! I love the tailgate.

Ok, back at the bedliner a little bit this morning..as my wife is on a zoom call and I can't run power tools while she is on the call!

It took me about an hour to go another 2 feet down the bed. With that pace, I have about 8 hours left to finish getting the bedliner off. It is a tedious task for sure. I put a coat of paint stripper on let it sit for 10-15 minutes....then scrape off a layer of bedliner. Then I put another coat on, let it sit for 10-15 minutes, and scrape more. This time I start seeing good chunks of paint and get most of the bedliner off. I do a 3rd coat of stripper and then scrape again and that is what you see to the right of the "clean" spot. I then gather up all the scraped off bedliner and dispose of it. Then on to the next section.

To make the green come through and the white to be whiter, I sand with 180 and 220 grit paper. That is what I did for the first section to the left. I am not going to sand again until I am done with an entire side or I get bored of paint stripper and want to do something else.

Anyway, a long arduous task, but I think it will be worth it in the end. I still have't decided if I am going to just clear coat the bed or repaint it solid green.

With the wood I have going in, I am going to paint the bed strips black. I should have the wood at some point next week.

As always thanks for looking, if you have an opinion on the paint inside the bed, let me know your opinion...my wife (big opinion) wants me to just sand and clear coat.
Attached Images

roll_the_dice is offline   Reply With Quote