View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 06:33 PM   #7
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: Pay Pal .. on again off again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post

If I read things right PayPal charges a 2.9 percent fee of whatever monies you receive from someone (not counting friends and family option), plus an additional 30 cents per trans action. Stuff starts to add up when you add shipping to the costs.

I know when I sell something on this board or elsewhere I ask for a postal money order. Personally I have no trouble running to the post office when I need a postal money order. What do you think the hassle factor is for most people though? Everything has become so much less complicated when you just click and send. But the thing I don't like is that there is a record of everything I ever buy and sell ... it just bugs me.

I'm ramping up to get rid of some more car and truck parts. Dialing in the shipping for now. So, just quit thinking about big brother watching me 24/7 and go with PayPal for convenience of the buyers?

Curious what you folks think.

Once you put it on the internet it is there forever, they tell me. so it really does not matter what form of payment you work with if that is the case. I figure the cost is about the same (unless you are talking high dollar transactions) between PP and money orders. They both have pros and cons.

PP is pretty much instant transaction so you can feel comfortable shipping right away. It gives each some protection if doing it by the rules. A lot of stuff I ship is right thru the PP site at a discounted rate vs full price thru USPS. If you use them to ship thru it sends an automatic email with tracking to the buyer once you pay for the label. I don't need to leave the shop to do any of it other than drop a pre-labeled package off to the post office. In my case, i go to PO every day anyway so no big deal. You can even ship thru UPS with them. I don't since I already have an account with UPS. Down side is of course the fees and if using the shipping option you will need a digital scale that goes from ounces up to how ever many pounds you may be shipping. Guessing will burn you at the counter. I bought a battery one at Sams club a few years back that goes to 150lbs for less than $30

Money order/ check gets rid of most of the fees but you still have to pay for the money order. If you are receiving a money order you have to hope they have the money to cash it or you have to keep coming back or go to the bank to cash. Even with the money order they put your drivers license number on it so you are still being tracked if they want to, same with checks from the bank.

Richard
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote