View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 07:51 PM   #8
kipps

Re: Pay Pal .. on again off again?

If you're selling stuff, being able to accept PayPal is critical, from my point of view as a buyer.

I've bought several items on Marketplace, and paid with PayPal. If I was buying it sight-unseen, I unchecked the "Friends and Family" box, and sent the additional percentage to cover the PayPal fees that the seller would incur.

In one situation, I bought the item while standing right there looking at it. I knew what I was getting, so I payed the exact amount with the "Friends and Family" option.

By unchecking the "F&F" box, you're essentially buying insurance on the purchase. If things go south, and the seller doesn't deliver, PayPal will supposedly go to bat for you. If you're making a purchase that you're completely okay with foregoing that insurance, the "F&F" box is fine.

When you list something for sale, say that you'll accept PayPal, but the buyer needs to add enough to the transfer to cover PayPal fees.
1987 C6P V20 truck, 2010 LMG 5.3, AFM delete, 2010 Camaro exhaust manifolds, 1997 nv4500, 1991 np241c, hydroboost, 2005 14bff axle & driveshaft, drop-n-lock gooseneck, 4.10 gears, stock suspension, rims, and tires. Still a work in progress. Any questions or suggestions are welcome!
kipps is offline   Reply With Quote