View Single Post
Old 07-31-2020, 04:10 PM   #421
roll_the_dice

Re: 1965 LWB Stepside Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns 66 View Post
You know what struck me funny today when thinking about this....We, You, Christian and I do not and will not have a show truck in our trucks....and like you I took mine down so that I could paint and/or clear it....spent many hours sanding etc.....in reality I could have taken mine and had it blasted, and put primer on mine in less than 2 days, but spent weeks sanding on mine....LOL What was I thinking???

Your bed cleared, with Black rails and Black Walnut is gonna look sick...Im thinking you are creeping to the edge of Show truckville
Too funny! You know you are right. I could have sanded down the entire truck, primed it and painted it red with a white roof (what I originally wanted), but now I love this truck for what it is. It is an honest truck...originally green, repainted white...now some original green showing, but still mostly white. Made it mechanically sound more than anything. The bed of the truck I think is going to look outstanding when I am finished. I love that lots of green shows and the clear coat will capture it and some rust spots too.

Not a show truck, but I plan on taking it to shows. When I go to shows, I am going to have a bucket and a sign. I did everything on this truck myself. Not one bolt I haven't touched. If you don't like how I restored the truck, the donation bucket is here...
roll_the_dice is offline   Reply With Quote