View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 11:12 PM   #78
siggyfreud

Re: Project "Ghost" - 1972 C10 Pro-touring

Starting installing my Altman latches that I purchased about a year ago. Got the driver side done today. Was pretty straight forward and they work well. My only complaint is that the button and handle to open feel a little stiff. The door closes pretty easily, but the "pop" to open it feels harder than it should be.

Installation was fairly smooth. At first I started with a 3" cutter, but that was taking too long so I tried my 4.5". While that cuts fast, the many of the areas are too small for the blade. So I decided to stop being an idiot and I just got out the plasma cutter and finished it. I'll do the passenger side with the plasma from the get go as that will go way faster.

All the bolts go in pretty easy, however one is a little tricky, but only because I didn't realize you're supposed to unbolt the latch mechanism before installing the plate. They come preinstalled in the package, and the instructions don't allude to separating them until after you've put the plate in.

All in all I'm happy with it. Might try a little more adjustment to get the opening a bit easier, but it's not terrible as is. I think the striker needs to come out further honestly, but I'm as far out as I can get it currrently.

siggyfreud is offline   Reply With Quote