View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 11:26 AM   #22
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse970 View Post
Everything looks killer Chris! I love the voltage regulator cover idea and really clean wiring, I need to calm you and get the details.
Thanks Keith. No worries, give me a shout. I think we struck a decent balance between affordable and done ‘right’. The braided split loom and harness tape both came from amazon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie91 View Post
Chris,

Great progress on the truck. Did you use a direct replacement harness or a universal harness from AAW? Also, I really like your steering wheel. I have seen a number of versions of this wheel by different manufacturers. Who's wheel is that and where did you get it?
Thanks Karl. The harness is an AAW 510089 67-72 specific kit. Although due to my extensive modifications, much of it was deleted, the kit is VERY nice, VERY complete, and easy to install. Highly recommended. Get a nice set of crimpers before you start (we learned the hard way).

The wheel came from eBay seller drclassicauto. It is very nice quality and came with everything needed, including the correct size hub. The only thing I have had to do is take a small file to the sharp edges on the center section, otherwise very happy with it.

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote