Re: Alignment options doors mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ogre View Post
if the door gap looks good at the back of the door
looks like you need to raise the radiator support
I think so too ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
that's what I was thinking as well, low in the front so rad support shimming may fix the problem. like Ogre said, as long as the rear door gap is correct. if you look at the rocker panel below the door you will see that the door is about even with the front "ending point" of the rocker. that is where the front fender butts up against and could have a bit of a gap instead of a tight metal on metal fit. adjusting the rad support to be a bit taller may fix that. if you place a gap tool (like a wooden paint stir stick) in that spot to create a gap and then adjust the rad support accordingly you may win. watch how the hood fits when you adjust the rad support so you don't inadvertently have parts contacting each other when you close the hood.
all things being good otherwise, (straight and no sag in the frame, the rest of the body mounts are in good shape, the front cab mount brackets under the floor are in good shape etc), then lifting the rad support may fix the problem. one cab I had the floor and cab support brackets welded to the underside of the floor were so bad that the weight of the cab actually bent/flexed the floor ahead of the seam forward of the seat. those support brackets get tied into the hinge pillar and rocker/step brackets so it all works together. check your floor to ensure it is flat like it is supposed to be. also the integrity of those front cab support brackets. below is a link with a pic of the bracket. pretty common part to replace.
https://www.cmwtrucks.com/product/55...-cab-mount-rh/

water and debris get into the cowl vent ahead of the windshield, plugs the drain holes in the inner cowl vents on each side, then water is allowed to build up to the point where it drains into the cab through the kick panel vents. this rusts the floor and related areas of the hinge pillars and fender mounts/steps/rockers/cab mounts. below is a link to a pic of the cab. the inner cowls are the bumps on each side behind the fenders. there is a drain at the bottom with a small piece of sheet metal screwed on to partially occlude the hole for some reason. varmits and bugs maybe?
https://www.tuckersparts.com/1955-19...evy-truck.html
Had no idea there was a "drain" in there ..... thought it just flowed down the inside of the pillar and fell through ..... but that makes sense on why they routed out there and the floors.

I was thinking of pulling the cowel vent on top of the windshield and welding a solid piece in its place ... not 100% sure of ramifications of doing so though. Dont think it will matter as I have removed the kick panel vent cables ..... and have AC