View Single Post
Old 09-09-2020, 03:28 AM   #4569
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Thought I would copy and paste Fils post on UKGSER to reflect his drivers view and perspective.

I did notice just how narrow my driveway is relative to the trailer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkplug View Post
Seems we have a thread 'cross over episode' going on

I have limited data and limited time but here's a quick view from my side.

Having started off by doing nearly 100 miles to get to the start point it was great to arrive and find that Grizz and neighbour Micky had already got the trailer all loaded up and ready for me to hook up.

Grizz had build a crate for the windows which was more solid than many log cabins I've seen - but this is the way of the Grizz.

If it's done for you then it has to be done properly - if it's for someone else then you have to put a bit of extra effort into it :dabone

Truth is, I'm a bit that way too.

While Grizz was doing the last of the strapping I managed to catch him on Grizzcam

Once loaded and ready we settled in to a really nice evening and the first time we've really had a proper chance to 'hang out'

Armed with enough food to feed at least twice as many people as were around the table Grizz set about perfectly cooking some excellent meat and some (also very nice) token vegetables.

It seems that when presented with food and company of that quality you end up eating a lot more of it than you thought and there probably were not as many leftovers as we'd all thought!

Sign of a good night.

The reason for declining a bed in the house was that the plan was to head off at first light but it didn't quite work out that way. No worries when there's no real time constraints.

Woke up to a lovely view from my bedroom window

and being the wonderful host that he is I also found a note on the van

After draining a mug of it's coffee it was time to head off.

Quick check on trailer cam

All good. It's actually a really nice trailer to tow.

Tried the other camera to see what I could check on the trailer with it.

Dramatic angles mainly.

Arrived at Haggs Bank Bunkhouse for our overnight stop. The place just gets nicer every time I come here.

Crate dismantled, windows delivered, and bike in a barrow

Excellent, first leg completed with nothing more than a lost number plate an a 'moment' on the moor when a bit too much bouncing caused the brake on the trailer to come on.

If it had been reality TV that would have been made out to be a near-death incident but in truth I just stopped and released it and carried on. Lesson learned, take it slower on bumpy roads.

This morning's view from the bedroom window

Quick shower then ready for the off

Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote