View Single Post
Old 09-17-2020, 10:08 AM   #285
88Stanger

Re: SkinnyG's '61 Apache

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyG View Post
From what I saw/paid-attention-to, it seemed to fit fine, though none of the holes truly lined up. The two sides, from the same supplier, were not symmetrical.

It's fitment is going to relate to the outer rocker fitment, so it's important to get them both right, and make whatever changes you have to. You need to go into this knowing that they aren't going to fit; you kinda have to accept that.

I bought the full-length ones, because I didn't to have to deal with a seam in the middle, as so many others had to do. I've also seen the one-piece inner rockers not fit either (too long or too short). I also may have totally overlooked a fitment issue because of my inexperience.
Yep, I knew they would need some "adjustments", its just frustrating when the the 1/2's do not match. Knowing what I do now, I would only buy the ones you did. I only need this on it on the driver side (I hope) for now. LOL

I was trying to get all this done and in prime and paint before cold air hit... LOL ya, that is not happening, BUT I did by a Mini-Split Heat Pump for the shop so i can do away with propane heater. So know i am a bit more relaxed and not in such a hurry, i want to take my time.
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote