View Single Post
Old 09-29-2020, 10:15 AM   #160
Tempest67

Re: 51 Chev on a S10 frame, named Dale

Thanks Guys, I must admit, it feels good to drive it. Sorry 8man, but it does... keep your project going... you will get there !!!

Haven't figured out gauges yet, but will keep you posted... I think new gauges will be a winter project. (Dolphin gauges look OK and are priced right, but I have read about problems??? I love the look of the New Vintage...but $1000 ??? yikes)

fear-nothing, see pics attached of the open bed.

One of my concerns of lowering it too much would be a non functional bed (bed too high) You may notice, but I doubt it, that I raised my bed by 2 inches. Where the rear fenders attach to the bed sides, I lowered the holes by 2 inches, then I needed to add metal at the lower edge of the bed to attach the splash pan. BUT, the result is a deeper bed, and I don't think anyone will notice. - look at the distance between the upper part of the rear fender and the top of the box side, it is greater than 'factory' by 2 inches...... but who knew??

In the pics you will see 4 - 2x2 cross bars. I plan to place the wood on those. I will post pics of that when I get to it. The bed floor will still be a little higher than stock, as it will cover the bottom 1 inch of the tailgate, but still functional.

If you want pics of anything specific, let me know.
Attached Images

Tempest67 is offline   Reply With Quote