View Single Post
Old 10-09-2020, 10:21 PM   #238
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper View Post
You also need a backhoe. I dont think I could do half of what I do without the kubota
That would be nice, but apparently I don't need one. At least not for what I've done in the last 34 years around my place. Nothing hand tools and me couldn't do. In the case of this project, there was no other way to do it without tearing up my yard. I had backfilled and seeded ahead of pouring the concrete to assure I had grass established before the dormant season so it wouldn't be a mudhole through winter and look like things had always been that way come spring. The project was also about anti-heave protection for the garage wall, so had to get it buttoned up. I did the concrete to look old and home made, same as I did the garage. The walk has a less than precision 'v' to drain water down the center. It's what I call farmer style... at least that's my excuse for the sloppy work

I had also pulled up walking stones at the back of my house leading up to my back door so I could raise the grade some. In heavy rain it always puddled in one area. It was a nuisance for walking to the door, which I mostly enter through, but I also suspect that was contributing to adding moisture in my cellar. It never seemed like a good time because I knew I'd have to deal with a muddy area right where I enter my house. But since I was doing the other grading/seeding, had time free from work, and it had come to the end of the growing season, I went for it. I created a slight gully to direct the water out and around the corner of the house and down along the side where I already had a slight gully for drainage. I have good grass growing there now too

Name:  DSCN2229.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  61.2 KB
Name:  DSCN2382.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  61.5 KB

The water use to gather along that curved wall. Now it drains where the blue line is
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 11-28-2020 at 08:31 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote