View Single Post
Old 10-10-2020, 04:08 PM   #245
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

[QUOTE=special-K;8820409]That would be nice, but apparently I don't need one. At least not for what I've done in the last 34 years around my place. Nothing hand tools and me couldn't do. In the case of this project, there was no other way to do it without tearing up my yard. I had backfilled and seeded ahead of pouring the concrete to assure I had grass established before the dormant season so it wouldn't be a mudhole through winter and look like things had always been that way come spring. The project was also about anti-heave protection for the garage wall, so had to get it buttoned up. I did the concrete to look old and home made, same as I did the garage. The walk has a less than precision 'v' to drain water down the center. It's what I call farmer style... at least that's my excuse for the sloppy work

I had also pulled up walking stones at the back of my house leading up to my back door so I could raise the grade some. In heavy rain it always puddled in one area. It was a nuisance for walking to the door, which I mostly enter through, but I also suspect that was contributing to adding moisture in my cellar. It never seemed like a good time because I knew I'd have to deal with a muddy area right where I enter my house. But since I was doing the other grading/seeding, had time free from work, and it had come to the end of the growing season, I went for it. I created a slight gully to direct the water out and around the corner of the house and down along the side where I already had a slight gully for drainage. I have good grass growing there now too

Tim ,,do you remember way back when we agreed that we sure could of had fun working together as a team doing odd jobs for the people and not for a company ..? all you are doing there at your place is excactly what I was talking about .. it's just so rewarding of designing a project that fits what is already there compared to new building ,,
My most rewarding fun to design job was for a lady that I supervised and worked building a log house , Gabriel Barn with living quarters , and other buildings .. not sure is this it the place to show photos and tell about it ..but it sure was a fun job ..