View Single Post
Old 11-09-2020, 06:13 PM   #608
TA_C10

Re: 1971 Stepside LS Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971Stepside View Post
For those of you that did an LS swap with the AAW Classic Update kit...

1. Where did you wire in the PCM to the harness? I have a pink wire (BP Automotive harness) that I had going to my ignition pre wiring the whole truck. Not sure where to run it to on the harness for power. Use accessory plug?

2. Vintage Air. I have a 10 year old (brand new) evaporator. Has a red wire to batter and a purple wire to key power. Do I need to go to battery, or can I go to harness inside the cab for this somewhere?

3. Fans, I am using + fan wire from harness and fan 1 and fan 2 wire from PCM harness. What is the best way to jump the + wire from AAW to both fans. So, going from one wire to feed two fans. Will I have an issue doing this? For fan power I am going to my mega fuse block instead of directly to battery. Will that be an issue?

4. I hope this all works. I was feeling confident, but now I'm second guessing some of these last details.

1. If your talking about getting power ran to your PCM, that should be CLEAN(fused) battery power straight to/from your battery. GM designed it this way. If your talking about ignition power, yeah, accessory circuit works just fine.

2. Vintage Air also recommends to get CLEAN battery power, direct from battery. I had to extend the power wire they sent in the kit because I remote mounted my battery. I mounted the connection right next to battery on frame rail. The key power I did same as mdpotter, used the "BROWN" heater wire from AAW harness(accessory power).

And yeah, the brake switch you will need 4 prong. Here is part number if you want it. Also included my wire map for the brake switch just in case You will notice on my brake sw map, I have the provisions for LED brake lights using the coil side of a relay. Ignore this part if your using regular lights, or if you already have LED brake light provisions.

"It's only money".

Last edited by TA_C10; 11-09-2020 at 06:30 PM.
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote