View Single Post
Old 11-15-2020, 09:09 PM   #10
Dr Jekyll

Re: Thanks Joe, I didn't have anything better to do.

Here is my one man hood puller. With the foam(swiming noodles) and rubber coated motorcycle tie downs I have used it on the painted hood. Loosen your hinges from the fenders but leave the bolts in, lift slightly until tension is removed from bolts, then carefully remove hinges completely. Put shop towels the legs of your hoist and lower hood. One person can lift the hood by placing your palm on the inside edge of the hood where the hood latch is secured. Place a blanket on a level area, and the hood will stand up on end. Oh, don't try this on a windy day.

Name:  IMG_4543.jpg
Views: 800
Size:  56.6 KB

I have a picture gap in the build here where I removed the cab and sent the frame to get blasted and painted, but this pic pretty much sums it up.

Name:  IMG_2836.jpg
Views: 786
Size:  51.1 KB

It is epoxy and clear and only cost $400. Another coworker hooked me up with this company that blasts a paints semi trailers. I was impressed with the results. It looks like it was powder coated.

Name:  IMG_3795.jpg
Views: 769
Size:  52.1 KB

Wow garage got pretty messy here, I'll clean up later Ma.

Name:  IMG_3797.jpg
Views: 811
Size:  60.5 KB

Name:  IMG_3799.jpg
Views: 745
Size:  49.1 KB

Complete front suspension rebuild using moog parts from rockauto. New springs, shocks, wheel bearings, SS brake lines, new steering box(the old ones not bad?), core support, I'm sure I'm forgeting something.

Last edited by Dr Jekyll; 11-15-2020 at 10:10 PM.
Dr Jekyll is offline   Reply With Quote