Thread: pdx-sanity66
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2020, 04:07 PM   #745
pdxhall

Re: pdx-sanity66

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwcarpenter98 View Post
I was referring to the outer front fender where the outer skin meets the part the surrounds the grille. Those two sections are spot welded together and I think had some seam sealer in it from the factory, but I'm not sure on the seam sealer part
Any other seam filling would not allow me to replace/remove the fenders or the grill surround.
I finished wiring the horn and it works great. I also finished wiring my trans temp gauge except for the sender which I'm still working at sender location.
I've also been working on the headlights and grill. Right now I have 3 grills, 2 aluminum and the original painted grill with a nice patina. The 2 aluminum have issues. One is a grill that I picked up several years ago for free. I went to a guys place to get another part and this grill was just sitting out on the ground and he had no interest in it. The second grill is the so called NOS grill that I paid way to much for. It is my fault for not asking for more pictures. I don't doubt it was a NOS grill but I believe it was a defective grill that was replaced. It has all the problems that started showing up as the dies were starting to wear out. Most of the grill bars are bent, there are some bad creases in the outer part of the headlight bucket part of the grill. It is not fit to be used. I cleaned up my original painted grill a bit and I am using it for now. I am looking in to a place here in Tucson that I'm looking in to for restoration of one or both of the aluminum grills. I've got the headlight assemblies and wiring done on the grill. I'm waiting for headlight relays that should be here tomorrow and then the grill will be installed.
Attached Images

I've Done So Much, With So Little, For So Long, That Now I Can Do Anything With Nothing.
pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote