View Single Post
Old 12-23-2020, 03:53 PM   #453
88Stanger

Re: Starting 1966 Factory Short Bed Build, Bagged, 383 Stroker and Muncie M20 4-Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Sparky View Post
Glad you're doing better. Had to take my daughter in for a test after her coworker came to work for 3 more days after testing positive so she wouldn't miss a pay check. Grr.

Have you considered the panels that go in the rear corners of the cab for speakers? Brothers makes an insert panel you can put there. I used to have a F*&d with speakers in the kick panels. I could never keep my big ass feet from beating on the speaker grills when I got in or out, shifted, Hi Beam Low Beam etc. Especially with work boots on.
I have to be honest. I am install a sub box back in that area with 10" JL Audio's and then for the front i am running a set of JS Audio's mids and tweets and will be putting them in a custom kick panel. I have huge feet as i am not a small guy, but i am going to try to do this and leave alone the are flat to the floor, in other words try to pick up the Mid speaker a good bit so that the high beam is still accessible and such. I can so see your point with kicking the speakers all the time. lol large feet suck for that.
For what i want and sound i am going after, I want to try this and see how it goes. If it fails I will go that route.
John 3:16 - Saved me... God Bless
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote