View Single Post
Old 12-26-2020, 07:23 PM   #962
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Well.

Christmas came and went.

Zero stress, thanks to Sally cooking us a leg of lamb based roast dinner that had me making weird noises with every mouthful.

It was spectacular.

With her cars engine expiring in April, costing her £2000, then her boiler went for £1800 and some other crisis I cannot recall, but all culminating in a pretty bad 2020

So we decided no presents, no frivolous washing, which is not really her way.

All of this meant that she spent time at her place sewing, and I worked on fine tuning the carport some more.

Weather has been chilly the last few days, with a keen breeze, but 4 top layers and some long John’s under my tricky pants, and a woolly hat and garage gloves..... toasty.

First thing was to complete the frame at the rear, stabilising the sheets.

Then the back corner where I plan to have a door or curtain to keep the last of the weather out, needed a bit of clear conservatory roofing

Screwed into place. Chuffed.

Then called Sally out of the warm house to help me unload and move the tall cabinets under the roof.

All four in, and about 20mm short of getting the right hand unit, slid in behind the steel upright post, so quick dismantle of the sheets against the shed, a spacer fitted and screwed in place.
You will notice the right hand side still had a small gap where you can see the hedge.

Then moved them and the small units into position.

Looking in just as light failed, I felt pretty chuffed with what I have managed to achieve the last few months with help from various friends, some for minutes, some for longer.

Once again thanks to all who had and have a hand in this build.

It will keep a lot of the weather out and afford me a dry place to work on the Rezin Rockit and other builds, including the 66 C10 patiently wair]ting its turn.

Tonight it seems we have a storm and possibly snow by tomorrow.

Life is good, yes, really.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote