View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 08:57 AM   #24
Happy_dan

Re: An Interesting Story About My '68 CST/Custom Camper

Fantastic!

I have a story about a 73 Camaro I was restoring. It was my friends car growing up and the car I met my wife in. We had gone on vacation in that car and when we got to the place, I stepped out and met my future wife. Love at first sight. LOL.

Anyway, a few years ago, I bought the car from him as he had kept it all these years. The documentation was there so I called the original owner. He bought the car in 73 and traded it in in 1974. I figured what the heck and called the number on the warranty information. To my surprise and his, he answered the phone. He was very surprised to hear from me and surprise the car was still around. He told me he traded a 69 Camaro SS 396 in for it figuring the next generation would be so much better. He hated it and traded it in a year later on a Corvette. He didn't like the car at all and was glad to have it gone. He was going to look and see if he had any paperwork from then, but never found any. Oh well, the car was a total rust bucket and after doing much of the metal work, I sold it and bought my truck. I am happy about that!

Last edited by Happy_dan; 01-22-2021 at 10:38 AM.
Happy_dan is offline   Reply With Quote