View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 10:27 AM   #5
1971Stepside
Almost Satisfied

Re: 1971 Stepside LS Build

I did a lot of research on the fancy hood hinges, including talking to others at shows. I felt like $800 was just too high for hinges if they didn't really add something besides looks. I had one guy tell me that he wish he had purchased the CVF hinges instead of the Ringbrothers. I had never even heard of them until this point. After reading about them I felt much more comfortable taking a chance on a $575 hinge that I did and $800 one.

My first impression was that they looked well built and heavy enough to handle the metal hood. We got them bolted in this weekend and I was afraid they would take hours to get right due to all the adjustability that they have built in. I was wrong. They bolted right up and adjusters actually do adjust the hood with little input. Very happy with how the hood operates now. Goes full up and they also look nice. No raised hood in the back!! Hope this helps others on the fence about hinges.
Attached Images

1971 C10 Stepside. LSx 6.0 with BTR Stage IV, Speed Engineering Headers, 4L80e transmission w/3200 Circle-D Stall. 3.73. Posi. Purchased this truck when I was 17. I started the rebuild (or take apart) in 1993. I have drug it around all over the country in pieces. Finally back on the road in 2021.

"I can't complain, but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far."
1971Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote