View Single Post
Old 02-28-2021, 11:17 PM   #99
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Timing & Gas Milage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich72C10 View Post
I serious doubt I'll be keeping it at that peak, as I was doing a carefully controlled test driving test. I really did my best to stay at 2.5k. I did no gunning and eased my way through my targeted speeds from start to finish. There was very little surface driving as I am very near the I35 on ramp(s). Traffic was very light too, though I felt like the big rigs were going to blow me off the road, especially when I got into construction areas!

Though one thing after all that highway driving at 2.5k this morning - I had to be really light on the gas pedal. Which is why it was so hard to keep her at 2.5k because of needing to have a feather light touch on the pedal. There are also some good hills on this drive and I only had to give her a wee bit of pedal to stay on speed but if I was not careful I started to push into 70 a few times. So I guess I am doing okay on power now too.

Now back to give'n her some gas -- Zoom Zoom! LOL

PS: Seems like a 'burb would be a lot lower (or me higher) - it has to be heavier than a C10 LWB but perhaps without the bed opening it is better on the wind?
I don't know about the aerodynamic differences but I do know it is definitely heavier. It weighed 4970 at the garbage dump a couple months back, and that was without the back seat .
Two and a half tons of Detroit's finest!
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote