Old 03-15-2021, 11:11 AM   #796
1971Stepside
Almost Satisfied

Re: 1971 Stepside LS Build

Quote:
Great lookin' work!
Thank you!

Quote:
Looking great, I will kick my shoes off for a ride!
That red is poppin.
You are welcome anytime after April 2nd...that is the tune date

Quote:
I’m blown away with how nicely this truck has come together. Freaking awesome job!!
Man, I appreciate it.

Quote:
The truck turned out great!! You took great care every step of the way. You located your ECM in the same place that I did, under the passenger seat. The only difference is that I came in through the side of the hump with my wiring. Is that bracket sitting near the ECM for bolting down the Snowden seats? I'm seriously considering those seats for my next build (71 C10 build). Again congrats on an awesome job!
The seat brackets clear with room to spare. I did find that removing the ECM is not as easy as I had thought. Turned out easier to take the three bolts out of the bracket than it was to get it out of the bracket itself due to the low clearance under the seat.
1971 C10 Stepside. LSx 6.0 with BTR Stage IV, Speed Engineering Headers, 4L80e transmission w/3200 Circle-D Stall. 3.73. Posi. Purchased this truck when I was 17. I started the rebuild (or take apart) in 1993. I have drug it around all over the country in pieces. Finally back on the road in 2021.

"I can't complain, but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far."
1971Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote