View Single Post
Old 03-16-2021, 01:24 PM   #665
roll_the_dice

Re: 1965 LWB Stepside Build

OK as I try to get the truck running better with FiTech or something else, no time to slow down. I will keep the Fitech info coming good or bad.

So as stated on the previous page I am putting my spare tire hanger on my truck. I have never welded before even though I own a small mig welder...but that all changed this past week. I got the welder up and running and practiced a little. I prepped the spare tire hanger by cutting off the 2 bottom studs for a 6 lug carrier...and flushed the area with my angle grinder. Then I measured and drilled two holes on the hanger...attached the spare tire and welded on a 7/16x20 bolt through the back side. Not the prettiest welds in the world, but I can live with it. They do their job of holding the spare tire on in the correct position. Now I just need to mock up the carrier on the truck then sand blast and paint...I put primer on it this morning so the bare metal wouldn't flash rust.

I think I decided to go as high as I can and use the top rail to help with support.
Attached Images

roll_the_dice is offline   Reply With Quote