Thread: Restoring Rusty
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2021, 11:19 AM   #6406
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: Restoring Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Funny, my last two have been as well. I managed to find a little gratefulness for that in the middle of my frustration of the breakdown. Are you going to contact Lokar? They should want to be aware of this issue, after all, it was more than one screw that was jettisoned. It seems that they might to provide loctite with the shifter. Plus, they oughta overnight you a couple of the right size screws.
Yes I wrote them an email and sent it in with pics. Eric called me back and we spoke on the phone. They mainatain that an S bend in the threaded rod is still the way to go, well now Eric said put two S bends in the shifter rod to get around the Neutral switch on the side of my 4L60e.

I asked him if you could send me the rod with the bends in it and I would gladly pay them for it if not at least the shipping, he said they can not because it depends on my application, which I disagree with, since they know exactly which position my stick sits in and how far it needs to go to the stock transmission lever, plus they should have a mule trans set up in their lab or their test station.

He also told me I can not use their cable shifter since it appears my trans crossmember is in the way.

I am honestly looking at other options, and cable I think is the only way to go.
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote