View Single Post
Old 03-23-2021, 12:39 PM   #195
theastronaut

Re: 1966 F100 Short Bed Styleside Metal/Body/Paint Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngrodder View Post
Man I could look at your metal work for hours. So cool to see the progress pics of the various repairs. You work magic, its like you were never there. The body and paint guys must love following your work #nofillerneeded.

Thanks
Marc

Thanks! It'll still need a skim coat to get all the shapes corrected 100%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
I love your attention to detail. What you do is absolutely stunning and amazing.
Appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell Ashley View Post
I love reading your posts, could be a how-to manual to teach body work. This truck is going to be beautiful. It's too bad that some of the work, like the windshield flange that you straightened, won't show.
This is a big reason I like to do build threads, the owner can keep up with everything and all of the work id documented in case it's ever up for sale- anyone interested can know exactly whats under the paint. The pinchweld flange is something that'll show in the end result- the seal will lay flat and the inner lip won't be gouged from flipping the lip over the pinchweld when installing the glass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP&C View Post
John, beautiful work as always, especially that tipped edge. And sorry I was asleep at the wheel here, should have offered to send down my drip rail tongs for you to use... Holler next time you need such a thing.
Thanks Robert!
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote