View Single Post
Old 03-29-2021, 09:33 AM   #806
1971Stepside
Almost Satisfied

Re: 1971 Stepside LS Build

We took our first maiden voyage out of the neighborhood over the weekend. The first trip was short and all went well. On the second trip I decided to go fil her up with gas. The gas station was a little further and it would be a good test. On the way back to the house I decided to keep going. It was a beautiful day and the truck was on the road!!! Well, I should have stopped

Got down the road about 1/2 mile and the front brakes decided to hold on and not let go. At first, I thought the transmission was the culprit as it wouldn't shift out of first gear. Then I realized it was the brakes holding it back. Limped back up the hill to the house and the brakes were hot! Let her cool down and they freed up.

Everything I've read points to the pin being too long between the MC and booster. I'm going to shim the MC out tonight and see if that cures the problem. We have a dyno appointment Friday we have to be ready for! LOL
Attached Images

1971 C10 Stepside. LSx 6.0 with BTR Stage IV, Speed Engineering Headers, 4L80e transmission w/3200 Circle-D Stall. 3.73. Posi. Purchased this truck when I was 17. I started the rebuild (or take apart) in 1993. I have drug it around all over the country in pieces. Finally back on the road in 2021.

"I can't complain, but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far."
1971Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote