View Single Post
Old 03-29-2021, 09:14 PM   #7
72c20customcamper

Re: How much do you value “no rust” ever, on our square body trucks ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by THI View Post
My 1978 C20 spent it's entire life in Michigan, but was stored for winters so it has very little rust. Cab corners are solid, only rust is the bottoms of the doors and a small patch behind the right rear wheel opening.

My 1978 K25 from Arizona had more rust than the one form Michigan! It seems that the desert dirt collected in the front wheel wells and both the inner and outer fenders rusted out from holding moisture. The bottom back corners of the doors also have some rust.

I value the original sheet metal over rust, but have had vehicles from both Arizona and California that had rust - it seem the older trucks from the desert will rust, but in different places than the ones that have been down salted roads. As you got into the 1980's with better rust prevention (still not the greatest) the southwest vehicles seemed to hold up better, here in Michigan it only slowed the process.
The most rust free truck I bought came from Michigan dont think the original owner used it if it was going to rain let alone go out in the snow . Sold it because I like to drive them and knew it would go down hill if I did
Attached Images

1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote