View Single Post
Old 04-03-2021, 04:50 PM   #2958
Killer Bee

Re: My Facetruck thread.

diesel class c are very rare for some reason - road noise? campground noise? fuel options for genset, atv fueling, or other aux uses that would require two fuel tanks? not sure but whatever diesel are out there, aren't on the market much around here anyways.. and probably 2x - 3x the $ if we found one.. I probably would have liked the powersroke better if I had more towing plans for it but we did well on this one, Mrs. Bee does her homework and it ours not the bank's

we did find a 6.0L gmc but it was a 3500, almost $15k more and not quite the floor plan we wanted, it had the crawl over rear bed.. everything else is f o r d

it has the 6.8 triton and 4R100 trans with 75k miles and not a drop in sight

smooth cruiser with more than enough power to scoot around, even in socal..

smog test passed with flying colors in the < 5% of average in category

E450 sits empty 10k, 14k gvwr and 19k gcwr with 5k hitch - it's more than enough for our needs.. wider axles over the 350 series really makes a difference.. and the brakes, don't get me started on the dismal excuse for brakes in the 350 series

we have a couple thousand F250-F550 trucks and E250-E350 vans at work so no shortage of talent if I need help with anything..

200 mile rv tow was only $65 added to my aaa membership so not going to be overly concerned, just do my inspections and ask my crew at work if I need help with repairs.. worst case father in law owns imperial auto and truck in henderson nv, probably one of the biggest independents in the vegas valley and they work on rv's