View Single Post
Old 04-04-2021, 10:46 AM   #582
88Stanger

Re: Starting 1966 Factory Short Bed Build, Bagged, 383 Stroker and Muncie M20 4-Speed

ok, where in the heck do these very small dent demons come from!?! I get all the rust fixed in the cab, started to repair the "obvious" dents and such and started the overall sanding to lay down the first coat of high build primer and after halfway of sanding i find two very small but "obvious" dents, like they were hiding in plain sight!!! LOL Oh well just more filler but i honestly can see the light at the end of this tunnel!!! feels exciting and re-energizing...
Question to the body guys and/or painters... what grit of sandpaper do you use right before you re-Prime? In other words i am currently on bare metal that was sandblasted with no rust. So i am using say 120 just to take off the roughness of the bare metal then finish with 220. After that i will use a high build primer/sealer and then start the process of using my dry Guide Coat and level everything out. Then right before 2nd coat of primer, what grit of paper are you using?
Then after it is primed for how many times it takes to get it flat, what grit are you using on the primer before you paint?

Thanks for any responses.
John 3:16 - Saved me... God Bless
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote