View Single Post
Old 04-05-2021, 02:45 PM   #585
Paul Y

Re: Starting 1966 Factory Short Bed Build, Bagged, 383 Stroker and Muncie M20 4-Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Stanger View Post
That is Awesome! Glad you like it. I had to do the same thing as i think overtime the frames tweak a bit, hence 1 reason for the brace.

I would post pics, but all they are is some pics of the cab in various stages of body work. I have it just about done though! I was really excited yesterday to get it right to the point of primer, but the call of reality hit and i had to do a bunch of yard work and well "Zoey" proof the yard, closing off potential escape openings, as she loves people almost to much, so that kinda put a damper on my get the truck to primer stage, but it will be there this weekend for sure! Then it will be just some minor cream filler in areas where my body skills suck and show up in the dry guide coat stage. BUT i am getting closer. I need to get moved on for my excitement but also to clean out my damn storage!! LOL

FYI - Zoey is my little (Queen) 15 week old Boston Terrier who unlike her much larger and calmer brother loves to play and run around.... well at least for 30 min or so then its nap time.... lol
Hear you on the Doggo proofing the garden. Had to spend some time on Sunday repairing the fence where my year old monster had managed to pull the chicken wire back enough to make good her escape.

I am lucky to have quite a large garage, well for the uk anyway but have very little room to work on Woody with his cab, front clip and bed taking up 2/3rds of the available space. Plus, I am not the tidiest of people when it comes to working in the garage....

Hope that you get the body work done soon and start driving you truck, looking for some real world feedback on how effective the brace is.

P.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=658621

If it goes wrong, I blame the Internet...
Paul Y is offline   Reply With Quote