View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 04:30 AM   #14
Paul Y

Re: The English are coming! Or..another C10 in the Motherland.

Progress is progress. Right?

Slowly, and I mean slowly, inching forward with my new target of getting Woody back as a roller by the end of May.

So what did I achieve in my allotted garage time this weekend? Well lets have a look at the pictures on my phone and go on a voyage of discovery together shall we....

Remember the non stop challenge I was having with my blaster? Solved that for the grand total of £19 by buying a new gun. The difference is night and day and meant that I could take the frame brace from this.

To this

In no time at all. In fact it is working so well now that I redid the crossmember as was never very happy with the finish.

Ta Da!!

Paint turned up mid week

Which meant I could finally get the last coat on the chassis and get everything in one colour - well apart from the rear axle, upper and lower control arms etc -

Despite the sun was actually quite cold yesterday so had to fire up the trusty space heater and use the imitation Sawzall to get the paint usable.

Paint, Paint. Spray Spray.

felt quite pleased with the results, the Steel-It paint is really worth the money as it covers beautifully and is as hard as nails. Can't remember who was asking about it earlier but the only distributor in the UK is a great bunch at Off Road Armour.

Couldn't get any olives for the fuel return line - they turn up on Thursday- and mistakenly ordered the incorrect size P clams for the brake line so had to mock it up so I could at least get the Rivnuts in place. Plan is that #3 son will help me install the brace during the week so I can get Woody off the big stands, levelled up on the floor and everything tight.

According to the pictures on the phone that was all I managed to achieve so, until next week.

ONWARDS!!!

P.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=658621

If it goes wrong, I blame the Internet...
Paul Y is offline   Reply With Quote