View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 11:33 AM   #24
1976gmc20

Re: Custom mail boxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rocknrod View Post
I need a hardened concrete bunker around here for a mailbox. I've had mine knocked over once. So have the neighbors.
Some house movers took out mine and the immediate neighbor's in 2009. No damn excuse either - they had a "spotter" on foot in front of the truck and he just watched them destroy the boxes. And about a minute later their cute little loader caught up with them but by then it was too late to pull the posts and save everything

They also bent fence posts and tore out cattle guard ends all the way back up the road.

They said "oh yeah, we'll replace it" but didn't and then finally they sent a guy up to try to straighten out the old ones. I got in a screaming match with the owner's wife (about 400 pounds and short hair!) over it, and even called the sheriff but even though we had multiple pictures and video of the event they wouldn't do anything because the "wide load" sign covered the license plate of the truck! And the USPO who think they own your mailbox after you put it up said "just call the sheriff, we can't do anything." Don't they have armed inspectors ???

Anyway they finally threw out a couple of new standard mailboxes in the grass at the end of our driveway and we started calling and yelling at them to replace what they had broken which was a couple of those "jumbo" mailboxes. I was just about to steal or sabotage their stuff which was at the site where the house was delivered a couple miles away. Eventually we got the jumbo boxes and I put them up the hill with the other neighbors' boxes so the rural route contractor didn't have to stop twice in a hundred yards. But the new cheap chinese mailboxes leak around the door

Now the posts are rotting off so what I want to do is get together with my neighbors and put in a couple of very massive treated posts with an 8 to 10 foot long rail between to mount all of the boxes on in a straight line instead of separate posts.
1958 Chevy C-60; 1965 GMC C-50; 1965 Chevy C-10; 1971 Chevy K-10; 1973 Chevy K-20; 1976 GMC C-20; 1977 Chevy C-10 Suburban; 1980 Chevy K-10; 1989 Chevy K1500; 1991 GMC V1500 Suburban; 2016 Chevy K2500 HD

Other vehicles: 1988 Jeep XJ; 2011 Toyota 4Runner
1976gmc20 is offline   Reply With Quote