View Single Post
Old 04-23-2021, 12:10 AM   #12
Osker

Re: Engine cuts out after driving 20 min, ideas?

Thanks everybody for the replies. I got it started, stumbled a little at first and I got a intake backfire. Second try the idle evened out and she seemed OK. I let it run for a few minutes and revved it with no issues. I got it back to the house but I didn't get on it while driving. Fuel filter when pulled out looked good nothing clogged up.

I have not had the flooding issues since I replaced the carb in October.
I didn't put a regulator on. I thought about it but I figured if it ran OK with a new pump and carb there would be no need. So there's no regulator on it.

I'm getting spark, she's running.

I think the fuel pump is good but I won't rule it out. Filter checks out but I like the idea of the sintered bronze suggestion.

I didn't think about ignition but maybe I need to after the suggestions and the backfire. I'll look into it. I had replaced the coil back in October, it's not HEI, just the Mallory unilite dizzy with the infrared shutter gizmo. It's old but it checked out OK when I went through it in October. It might not be as good a shape as I think it's in.

Fuel sock in tank, good point but I'm getting plenty of fuel but it still could use a inspection.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the recommendations, I'll work on it over the next few days and see how it turns out.
Osker is offline   Reply With Quote